Cobblestone Slipperies

I haven't put any shorts online for a while. I am trying to save my best footage for the next film I'm working on. But here's a little edit of my friend Dane that I just put together. I've said it elsewhere but DP is my favourite logger. His technique is always so crisp & technically clean & uncluttered; he has a kind of understated flair going on & there are lots of subtle nuances operating in his surfing that are unnoticed by an uninformed eye. Plus, I enjoy how he rolls through the lines & turns he makes on a wave; you can see that the rolled bottom of his surfboard is being used to it's full effect & it highlights his pleasing, classical, pointbreak-orientated style. Love your work Dane! Anyways, thanks for watching & I hope you enjoy 'Cobblestone Slipperies'.

Cobblestone Slipperies // Dane Peterson from Nathan Oldfield on Vimeo.

12 comments:

  1. insanely good- loved it and i want to surf that wave..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Nathan! And Dane's an awesome rider... and photographer.
    Finish this one on time and come to introduce it yourself at our next Zinematik Surfing Festival! You know we're waiting for you here.
    Un abrazo amigo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super nice short, love it, can not wait for your next movie, about to watch lines from a poem, was cool timing checking out your current work before i am going to watch some of your older stuff, big fan of your work, your friend mike c from http://slopgroveller.blogspot.com/ ps if you ever come over to nz i would be stoked to catch up and photograph you and write some words on your journey and have a wave or two

    ReplyDelete
  4. stoked mate, nice work again, look forward to more nathan. chris
    atduskblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello friends. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if thats what your leaving out your next film... hanging to see whats comming up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice Nathan!

    Eef
    monstercult.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...It is happiness --- to feel a sea... dance on waves...

    ReplyDelete