Alex/Framegrab




I often get asked if I’m working on another surf film.

‘When’s it going to be finished?’ is usually the next question.

Making a movie all on your own is a long journey, & it gets overwhelming at times. I’ve been overwhelmed by it all a lot lately. And being a dad & a full-time school teacher means my time’s limited, so filmmaking’s a pretty slow old process.

But I’ve begun to gather momentum & energy for the next stage of the journey, & I’m devoting myself to a lot of editing. Although, I’m still discovering the place where I want the next film to go, & still deciding on a title, I feel like the wheels are turning.

Every now & then I thought I’d post framegrabs from my edits up here, to give you a glimpse into the journey. As always, thanks for your interest & support.

13 comments:

  1. Mate as long as it isn't as big a wait as Hydrodynamica , I'm sure we can wait for your great film

    ReplyDelete
  2. my pleasure...
    saludos
    iñaki

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just take your own sweet time, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nathan,

    Seaworthy was inspiring mate. Wrote a little piece after watching it. Have a read if you wish.

    Cheers
    Crocker's Folly

    http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/05/29/cold-sea-water-and-a-red-wine-headache/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to it Nathan, I'm happy to keep re-watching Seaworthy in the mean time, so inspiring and humbling.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to it!

    -Expo
    Urbanexpo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. more heydon bunting!!!! yeeeeeew

    ReplyDelete
  8. That`s exiting,
    you should come and film down in Vicco, cold water bleak light, 50 knots onshore wind, and that`s in summer...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're all waiting anxiously... don't mean to put any pressure on you hermano! ;-) And I know which section still needs to be shot :-)
    Lots of hugs for the Oldfield family!

    Xabi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gday everyone. Your comments are generous & encouraging. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

    Grant: hopefully not as long a wait as Hydrodynamica! But geez that movie'll be rad once it's finally done.

    Crocker's Folly: great read, I appreciate the sentiment, thanks for sharing your work.

    Xabi: soy muy excitado hermano! Yew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to it !! I showed Seaworthy to a local group of stoked Saffa Cape Town surfers the other night.... you have a rare gift Nathan.

    And if you need cover art.... just shout !

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deep thanks Hugh. So happy to hear that my work can stoke a room full of surfers. I may just hit you up for some artwork! Cheers bru!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take all the time you need...
    It'll be epic when it's ready.
    -Ten Piggies Over

    ReplyDelete