Bruce Brown, Part One



This is such a beautifully crafted short directed by Chris Malloy, featuring Bruce Brown & his memories of that most seminal of surf films, The Endless Summer. For me, it's a pure joy to watch my hero describe his lifetime work. The Endless Summer had a huge impact on me when I was a little kid. Like a stone thrown into the still pond of my soul over thirty years ago, its ripples still reverberate for me both as a surfer & filmmaker. I think it's still the greatest surf film of all time.

2 comments:

  1. Great document bra! The Endless Summer will be featured in our next and last Zinematik Surfing Day of this Summer. An homage to Mr. Brown and to your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love nothing more than to watch it beside you on the beach in Zarautz, Xabi.

    ReplyDelete