The Heart & The Sea



Filming in the Basque Country. Photograph by Xabi Irure.


As most of you know, I've been working on my third movie for three years now. It'll be coming out later this year. After lots of thought & more than a little procrastination, I've finally come up with the title for the film.

Naming a movie isn't easy, it's almost as difficult as naming a child. There's lots of names out there that are possible, but there's only one you can commit to, & once you do it sticks for life & there's no changing it down the track. Maybe I over think things, but when you pour so much of yourself into your work, I guess that tends to happen.

Anyways, I'm calling my new film 'The Heart & The Sea', because it is about the journey of a surfing life, the relationships we share with family & friends, & the intimacy we share with the sea as surfers.

I hope to share more photographs, anecdotes, teasers & eventually the trailer for the film here soon. As always, thanks for taking the time to drop in to Look & Sea.

7 comments:

  1. great name!
    i'm going to work on a documentary with the name "the old, the young & the sea" this year... We also going to visit the Basque Country.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooohhhh!!! Can't wait!! It'll be the best ever... yet the best is yet to come! ;-)
    Muxu nere anaia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm very exciting to watch it.
    Today, water is 5.5°C. Snif, i'll swim ;-)

    See you and besitos para la familia!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALAIANESS NATHAN!!!!!!!!

    MUXUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement friends.

    ReplyDelete